Open positions for the 2017-2018 school year:
Woodrow Wilson Academy, a Jefferson County K-8 public charter school, is seeking an Educational Assistant 2017-18 school year, beginning in January. This person must be willing to work hard to uphold the mission and vision of our school while maintaining a positive attitude and sense of humor. We are looking for an independent and intuitive person who is highly organized, self-motivated, and solution oriented. Willingness to continue the school tradition of setting the bar high for themselves and others is a must.
Educational Assistants (EA) work in the classroom and have direct and continual involvement with students. EAs must enjoy helping students with academic learning, organizational tasks, and discipline. In addition, EAs supervise Lunch & Recess each day. They work under the supervision of a teacher and must be willing to implement education and classroom management as outlined by their teacher.
- WWA is a Love & Logic (L&L) school. Though previous training in L&L is not required, being willing to learn and implement L&L on a regular basis is a must.
- EAs work 5.75 hours a day when school is in session.
- EAs must be able and willing to work between the hours of 8-3:05 as needed.
- Though a high school diploma is required, a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Applicants must submit to and pass a CBI & FBI finger print background check.
If you are interested in position, please submit a resume to Chelsea Minshull at [email protected].